Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.
Audi NewsElectric CarsNewsPorsche News

2024 Porsche Macan EV: The Most Powerful Yet

The second generation of Porsche Macan is long overdue. Announced as an electric vehicle, the next Macan will have a heavy mission to accomplish, namely to continue to be the most popular vehicle in the Porsche range. So far in 2022, twice as many Macans have sold as Porsche Cayennes in Quebec. To make us wait, the manufacturer has just unveiled technical characteristics, and everything suggests that this future generation will be the most efficient to date.

The most capable Macan so far?

The most powerful version of Porsche Macan EV is expected to develop 603 horsepower and produce 738 lb-ft of torque. This should provide lively acceleration. For comparison, the current most powerful version of the Macan, the GTS, generates 434 horsepower and completes the 0 to 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds. Focused on driving pleasure, the new Macan will be equipped with two motors to channel power to the vehicle’s 4 wheels.

2024 Porsche Macan EV
Photo provided by: Porsche

Of course, the EV version will inevitably be heavier than the outgoing generation. With weight being an important consideration in building a performance vehicle, Porsche says the Macan EV will be sporty, and future owners won’t feel the pinch. We still do not know the final weight of the vehicle, but we do know that 48% of the weight will be distributed in the front and the remaining 52% will go to the rear of the vehicle. A rear wheel steering system will be available to provide better agility to the new Porsche EV.

A 100-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery module will be operated in the SUV, and charging power is rated at 270 kilowatts through an 800-volt infrastructure. Recharging the battery from 10 to 80% will take around 25 minutes.

See also:   New and still inaccessible Toyota Land Cruiser unveiled
Audi-Porsche EPP Platform
Photo provided by: Porsche

An architecture developed with Audi

The electric version of the Macan will be developed on a platform shared with Audi, called Premium Platform Electric (PPE). Intended for the German firm’s luxury models, this platform would be, according to the manufacturer, a very advanced architecture allowing several configurations for the brand’s future vehicles.

Vehicles designed on the basis of the PPE will be equipped with an electric motor at the rear. Higher-end models, however, will have a second electric motor placed on the front axle, which will allow the integration of all-wheel drive. Having been developed by Porsche and Audi, it is not surprising to see this platform as a key element of the design of the Porsche Macan EV and that it will have the configuration with two motors to ensure the traction necessary for the vehicle.

We also learned that the Macan EV is expected to be offered in early 2024. The gasoline model will be built alongside the EV model for at least 18 months after the next-generation launch.

 

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please disable your ad blocker to be able to see the content of the page. For an independent site with free content, it is literally a matter of life and death to have ads. Thank you for your understanding!