To deactivate the anti-theft system use the unlock button on the remote key. Unlock the driver’s door using the key and then switch the ignition switch to the on position. If that doesn’t work exit the vehicle and roll up all windows, then use the key to lock the driver’s door.
How do you reset the anti-theft system on a 2013 Chevy Equinox?
1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes.
6. Start the engine.
How do you override anti-theft system?
Method 3: Insert the key into your car’s door Step 1: Insert the key into the door lock. Use the side door on the driver’s side and the physical key even if there is a keyless entry system on the car. Step 2: Turn the vehicle key to unlock the car door without releasing it. Hold the key for 30 seconds in the position.
How do you reset a Chevy theft deterrent?
To reset the anti-theft system on the Chevy Silverado You will need to get into the car and lock the doors. Now with the doors locked put the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position. Let it sit there for 5 minutes until the anti-theft light blinks.
How do I get my car out of anti-theft mode without remote?
1. Close all of your car doors.
2. Insert one key in the door lock and cycle it to the “Lock” position, and then back to the “Unlock” position two times.
3. Enter your car and insert your key into the ignition cylinder.
4. Cycle the key in the ignition from the “Off” position to the “On” position twice in a row.
Why is my car in theft mode?
An anti-theft system may also integrate a car alarm or it might just be an engine immobilizer. … This may be for many reasons including a dead car battery that loses its key memory or a dead battery in your remote. It could also be that your immobilizer chip is damaged in your key or the car door lock is damaged.3 jui. 2016
How do you reset the computer on a Chevy Equinox?
1. Open up the hood.
2. Remove the positive terminal cable from the battery using your pliers or wrench.
3. Go to your fuse box in your car, and look at the diagram.
4. Keep the car disconnected like this for two to three minutes to clear the computer’s memory.
5. Insert the fuse back in to the box.
How do I reset my Chevy Equinox?
Does anti theft light drain battery?
To answer your question, NO, it’s highly unlikely that the anti theft will kill your battery.
How much does it cost to reset anti-theft system?
The Best in Auto Repair The average cost for antitheft system diagnosis & testing is between $44 and $56. Labor costs are estimated between $44 and $56. This range does not include taxes and fees, and does not factor in your specific vehicle or unique location. Related repairs may also be needed.
How do I get my Mustang out of theft mode?
To reset the anti-theft on the vehicle You will need to first get into the vehicle and shut the doors. With the doors shut You want to put the key into the ignition slot and turn it on. Once You have turned it on You will then want to turn it back to the off position.
Your car has a built-in anti-theft system. … The Anti-theft Light in the dash of your car should flash periodically to show that the system is engaged and active. Tip. You have to lock the doors of the car (without it running) for the alarm to engage.
What does it mean when it says service theft-deterrent system?
Current automobiles use a theft-deterrent alarm system to prevent break-ins. The horn will sound while the headlights flash on and off. This will continue for several minutes unless you deactivate the alarm. After deactivating it, you can reset the alarm to ensure that your GM vehicle security system is set correctly.
How do I permanently disable anti-theft system?
In order to deactivate the anti-theft system, car owners must press the unlock button located on the remote key. So it is suggested to use the key to unlock the door, then change the switch of ignition to “on” position.24 déc. 2020
What’s the best anti-theft device for a car?
1. Steering wheel lock.
2. Car wheel clamp.
3. Brake lock.
4. Audible alarms.
5. Hidden kill switch.
6. Vehicle tilt and glass-break sensors.
7. Battery disconnect switch.
8. GPS trackers.