Turn on the code reader and move the arrows on the menu to the “Erase” function and then press “Enter”. Remove the OBD II code reader from the DLC and start the engine. Look at the instrument panel to make sure the airbag light turned off.
Additionally, why is my airbag light on in my 2012 Hyundai Sonata? There are a few reasons why the airbag light may come on. It may indicate that there is a problem with your seat belts. Another issue could be water damage to the sensors. The SRS light can also light up if the vehicle has been in an accident recently.
Also know, why is my airbag light on in my Hyundai Sonata? If your Hyundai airbag light stays on when driving, it means that there is a problem with the airbag system or a sensor has failed. The airbags in your car may not deploy in case of an accident. … If your Hyundai is still under warranty, your dealer may repair your car free of charge.
People also ask, how do I reset my airbag light manually?
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times.
Furthermore, how do you reset the airbag light on a 2013 Hyundai Sonata? To reset the airbag light in your 2013 hyundai elantra vehicle, turn the ignition key to the “on” position and wait for the airbag button to illuminate and then switch off. Turn the key to the off position and wait three seconds. Repeat these steps twice and your vehicle’s airbag system should be reset.Turn on the code reader and move the arrows on the menu to the “Erase” function and then press “Enter”. Remove the OBD II code reader from the DLC and start the engine. Look at the instrument panel to make sure the airbag light turned off.
- Can I reset airbag light by disconnecting battery?
- How do I turn off the airbag light?
- What does it mean when your airbag light stays on?
- Is there a recall on Hyundai airbags?
- Can you reset airbag light without tool?
- Can an airbag warning light be reset?
- How much does it cost to reset the airbag light?
- How do you turn off the passenger airbag in a Hyundai?
- Does Hyundai warranty cover airbags?
- Are there any recalls on a 2006 Hyundai Sonata?
Can I reset airbag light by disconnecting battery?
In all modern SRS (airbag) systems (last twenty years) NO. The light is turned on via a signal from the SRS control module. The codes are stored in memory that is unaffected by no or low battery voltage. In fact many newer SRS systems will set a code for power problems such as no or low battery voltage.
How do I turn off the airbag light?
- Turn on the ignition switch with your car key.
- Wait for the airbag warning light to turn off.
- Turn the ignition switch of your car back off for a little longer than three seconds.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 twice to make three times total.
What does it mean when your airbag light stays on?
- Your Airbags May Not Deploy In The Event Of A Crash. The airbag light is an indicator that there is a problem with the vehicle’s Supplemental Restraint System. … When this light comes on, it indicates that a problem has been detected in the system, and one or more airbags may not inflate in the event of a collision.
Is there a recall on Hyundai airbags?
Hyundai has launched a safety recall in the United States regarding the airbag control unit electronic in certain: Model Year 2011-2013 Hyundai Sonata Vehicles. Model Year 2011-2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vehicles.
Can you reset airbag light without tool?
In some older cars, though, it is possible to reset the airbag light without a scanner by removing the car battery terminals. Check the wiring system underneath the driver or passenger seat for any loose wires or corrosion in the connector plug. Spray the connector plugs with an electronic cleaner and restart your car.
Can an airbag warning light be reset?
An airbag warning light can not turn itself off and has to be manually reset. When an airbag light comes on, there is something wrong with the airbag system. … Nevertheless, you will need to manually reset the airbag system after you fix the problem.
How much does it cost to reset the airbag light?
Number 1 — Reset Airbag Light You’ll need to hire a professional to come in and examine the airbags before you continue to drive the car. This process can take several hours of time and usually costs a few hundred dollars, although depending upon the type of car it may be up to about $600.
How do you turn off the passenger airbag in a Hyundai?
Insert the airbag in the Off position: Then it could be in the form of a lock , then you will have to insert the key of your hyundai i20 and turn the key up a notch in order to disable it. Or it could be under button shape , and then it will simply take put it in the “Off” position.
Does Hyundai warranty cover airbags?
Hyundai is extending the warranty coverage for the driver’s front airbag clock spring assembly on certain 2011-2014 Elantra vehicles, 2011-2013 Sonata vehicles, and 2011-2014 Sonata Hybrid vehicles to 15 years, unlimited mileage, from the date of original retail delivery or date of first use.
Are there any recalls on a 2006 Hyundai Sonata?
2006 Hyundai Sonata Recalls Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2006-2011 Hyundai Azera and 2006 Hyundai Sonata vehicles. Water may enter the Anti-lock Brake (ABS) Module and result in an electrical short .