Stick the key to your Hyundai into the vehicle’s ignition cylinder. Turn the key to the “ACC” or “Accessory” ignition position. Hold down the “Open” or “Unlock” button on the keyless entry FOB until the vehicle’s lights flash. The keyless entry FOB is now reprogrammed to your Hyundai vehicle.
Also know, how do I reset my Hyundai key fob?
- Get inside of your Hyundai and ensure all the doors are closed.
- Use your key to turn your Hyundai to the “ACC” (accessory) position on your ignition.
- Hold the “open” or “unlock” button on the key fob until your vehicle’s light flashes.
People also ask, how do I reprogram my key fob after replacing my battery?
- Replace the batteries inside the key fobs.
- Get inside the car.
- Turn on the ignition.
- Press the lock button on the remote key.
- Listen for a Lock Sound.
- Programming additional remotes.
- Turn off the ignition.
- Step out from your car and test the result.
Likewise, can I reset my key fob? You could reprogram a key fob to a different vehicle as long as the key is the same for the vehicle. … Remove the battery cables from the vehicle, wait 30 seconds, then hook them back up (reset computer). Put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the ‘ON’ position.
Furthermore, why is my Hyundai key fob not working? Clean the battery contacts inside your Hyundai keyless entry remote to remove dirt or corrosive build-up. … Reinsert the battery and reassemble the keyless entry remote. Resynchronize the keyless entry remote to the electrical system of your Hyundai vehicle.
- STEP 1-Turn on the ignition. You should sit in the driver’s seat with both the ignition key and the key fob with all doors closed.
- STEP 2-Press the lock button.
- STEP 3-Turn off the ignition.
- STEP 4-Repeat the process with other key fobs.
- STEP 5-Restart the process.
- How do you start a Hyundai with a dead key fob?
- Why does my car not recognize my key fob?
- Why is my key fob not being detected?
- What do I do if my key fob doesn’t work?
- Do you have to reset your key fob when you change the battery?
- How long does it take to reprogram a key fob?
- Why is my push start car not starting?
- How do you start a 2016 Hyundai Sonata with key?
- How do you open a Hyundai Sonata without the key?
- How do you reset your car key?
How do you start a Hyundai with a dead key fob?
Why does my car not recognize my key fob?
Reasons your car won’t detect the key fob the battery inside the remote is dead. the remote itself is broken or no longer programmed to your car. the car battery is low. the keyless operation system is faulty.
Why is my key fob not being detected?
What does it mean when your car says key not detected? It means that the vehicle can not receive a signal from a working key, often caused by weak batteries inside the key fob. Other possible issues include the wrong key is being used, or the key is damaged, which is common if the key has been exposed to water.
What do I do if my key fob doesn’t work?
Bad Battery – The most common reason your key fob has stopped working is because of a dead battery. A simple swap with a fresh battery that you can find at most big box stores should do the trick to get things working again. Try opening your car door with a second key fob.
Do you have to reset your key fob when you change the battery?
After you have realized your key fob’s malfunctioning results from the dead/weak battery, you would need to buy a new replacement battery. The following steps would guide you on how you can easily reset your key fob, as the majority of the key fob does not function properly again when the battery has been replaced.
How long does it take to reprogram a key fob?
Most dealers we contacted said key-fob programming typically takes just 15-30 minutes, and the whole process, including cutting the mechanical spare key, rarely takes longer than an hour.
Why is my push start car not starting?
A keyless entry system won’t start the engine unless it detects that your key fob is inside the car. … You can get around this issue by placing the fob on the start engine button and pressing down. Although this should allow your engine to start, it’s still worth it to replace the fob battery when you can.
How do you start a 2016 Hyundai Sonata with key?
How do you open a Hyundai Sonata without the key?
How do you reset your car key?
Press and hold the “lock” button on your car remote for one second, then put the key into the ignition, and turn it on. The lights should be turned off if the key is turned to “Off”.